Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sweet Dreams

The other day, Gary asked me if I could remember the name of a guy that he was friends with in high school and that I knew from my camp counselor days. At the time, I could not think of his name.

This morning, I woke up at 6:00am from a dream that unlocked his name and at least 6 others. I got up out of bed, stumbled over to where Gary was standing, mumbled the guy’s name and went back to bed. (I am not a morning person, so stumbling and mumbling is a true depiction of my morning)

These other names were of people I knew from my pre-teen and teen years; I had completely forgotten about them. These were friends I had outside of school, so I would not have seen them at a reunion.

Well, of course, the first thing I did was search for them on Facebook; to no avail. None of those people use Facebook; go figure.

Anyway, the interesting part of this story, to me, is that in the middle of my sleep a whole chunk of my memory (from 25+ years ago) was restored. I didn’t even know it was missing. I had no reason to think about it…until Gary brought up our friend Pete. It is incredible how our minds continue to work through issues when we aren’t even aware of it.

This gives me hope that all of lifes little issues will resolve themselves…with a good nights sleep.

Sweet Dreams!

1 comment: