Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sound Advice

I like to think that my life experiences are worth something. In the moment, they are not life changing, but in retrospect they are glimpses of genius.

I called my sister tonight and she recounted her day, in which my 4 year old nephew had been vomitting for most of it. Being 4 he did not always recognize the feeling of vomit rising from his belly; she spent a lot of time on her hands and knees scrubbing the floors.

This is where my life experiences mean something...I learned early on that cleaning chunks off shag carpet really sucks. Now, when one of my boys has the stomach flu, I blow up the air mattress, toss on a sleeping bag and set them up right outside the bathroom door. Their orders: Crawl INTO the bathroom to hurl. Problem solved.

Guess where my nephew is sleeping tonight...In his "special" fort bed right outside the bathroom door. I love you Natey, get well soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment