Sunday, June 20, 2010

Boys will be Boys will be Dads Someday

My sister and her family are in town and we have spent the weekend going to the movies, swimming in the jacuzzi and BBQing.

My 2 year old nephew fell head first into the jacuzzi with three adults standing near by. No splash, no cry- just shear panic and guilt, after the fact.

My 4 year old nephew kicked the pants off dueling swordsman on the Wii. When we left for the evening, he stood at the window and watched us drive away.

My 9 year old, after dinner and after beating everyone, even the two year old, at dodgeball said, "Hey, can I get some ice cream, or what???"

My 13 year old threw out the word, triskaidekaphobia (I had to look up the spelling), in conversation. How long had he been storing that piece of trivia in his head??? Your guess is as good as mine. The word means fear of the number 13.

My brother-in-law was banned from playing dodgeball, by my 9 year old, because he threw the ball so hard it hurt when it hit.

My husband was actually the instigator that got my brother-in-law playing dodgeball in the first place. The two of them were throwing the ball so hard at each other the rest of us feared for our lives.

My Dad took no prisoners in the jacuzzi. The boys were squirting him with their water guns...he took out the hose and hosed them down.

Past, Present, Future....Grandpas and Dads were once little boys and they will always have a bit of that little boy inside them.

I love you Dad for everything you do for me and my boys; for setting an example for my boys to follow.

I love you Gary for giving our boys the foundation to become the best that they can be. Our boys look up to you and because of this, they will make excellent Dads to their kids.

I love you Doug for giving my nephews a father who loves and adores them.

Happy Fathers Day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment