Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Princess and the Pea

Have you heard the fairy tale, by Hans Christian Anderson, The Princess and the Pea?

The tale goes like this: A prince would like to find a "real" princess to marry. He searches the kindgdom far and wide, but can not find his princess. One dark and stormy night a girl comes to the castle proclaiming she is a princess, but because she is such a mess from the wind and rain the King and Queen don't believe she is an actual princess. The Queen decides to put her to the test. She piles up 20 mattress and 20 down beds and puts one little pea under the bottom mattress; without the girl knowing. In the morning, when she awakes, the Queen asks the girl how she slept. The girl says horribly I was up all night, tossing and turning, my body is bruised from sleeping on something hard under my mattresses. The King and Queen believe she is a true princess, because know one but a princess could be SO SENSITIVE. The prince has found his bride.

That princess is ME. I am serious, you can stop laughing anytime now.

I am SO SENSITIVE to the slightest barometric pressure change I can tell you when it is about to happen. Most of my friends already know my keen ability to predict rainfall, within a couple of days.

Last night after the Angels game (hooray for the Angels win) I came home with an awful headache, the kind I get when the weather is changing or it is going to rain. I told my mom and she said there are hurricanes off the coast of Mexico. I thought, that's probably not it, but didn't rule out the possibility. I went on with my day.

At 1:00pm my head starting hurting the way it had last night, so the first thing I did, after popping a couple of Advil, was check the barometer. Sure enough, the barometeric pressure had dropped so low and the humidity had climbed so high that it actually showed rainfall. Obviously, it wasn't raining in the house, but the humidity is so high that the digital thermometer is confused.

I guess the moral of my story is two-fold: Always listen to your mother and always remember who you are.

If you are ever in need of a princess....you know who to call!

No comments:

Post a Comment