Monday, September 27, 2010

500 Steps

One of my favorite shows is The Biggest Loser. The season opener was on last week.

In the opener, contestants were challenged to compete against two other contestants to make it to the ranch; their spot at the ranch had not yet been secured. Their challenge was this: using a step board take 500 steps faster than the other two contestants.


It does seem like a pretty easy task, especially when you are sitting on the couch eating an ice cream cone; no bother that the contestants are drowning in their own sweat...what's the big deal? 500 steps...piece of cake. Oh yum, cake...

I decided I MUST take this challenge! If 400 pound people can haul their weight off the ground mere inches, so can I!

100 steps in 4 minutes that equals about 2.4 seconds a step, a step is measured by BOTH feet up on the board...that was as far as I made it today.

Did I mention I hate to sweat? AND I don't buy into the whole "No Pain No Gain" mantra? My knees were hurting :(

OK, I do feel bad that I stopped without completing the challenge, so I will try it again tomorrow, with plenty of stretching before hand!

Good thing I have "skinny" genes! Thanks Mom and Dad, you're the best!

Can you put down that ice cream cone and take 500 steps?

No comments:

Post a Comment