Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My New John



Last night I had the pleasure of attending the John Mayer concert at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. Gary and I were invited to go with our good friends Cheryl and Phil.
We tailgated in the parking lot and felt like underage teenagers sneaking beers behind our car.







I was skeptical that a ballad boy could keep the crowd entertained for the evening.

I was so wrong about him. He is so much more than a ballad boy; he has MAD guitar skills and a very entertaining wit.



JM covered a song by Jimi Hendrix that blew us away. He pulled out all the tricks; played the guitar up in the air, on the ground, behind his back. It was awesome. (He may have lost his young crowd who were waiting to hear his pop hits, but we loved it)



JM interwove his music with funny antedotes of his life and did a good job of relating to his young audience. (and even the old audience, not that I would know anything about that)

Some artists don't translate well from radio to the stage, but JM is even better on the stage. I highly recommend seeing him in concert.

Now, of course, no one compares to my other John; the energy he gives to the crowd just can't be matched.



But, all in all, it was an amazing evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment