Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Perfect Beach Day

I am a Southern California girl. I have salt water coursing through my veins.

Last week I blogged about not knowing what to do while the kids were at camp. Now that the fog(literally) has lifted, I have my solution: THE BEACH!

The key to going to the beach in the summertime is getting there early! I had a full hour on the beach before the junior lifeguard crew showed up and at least another two hours before it started to get crowded. When I left at noon I was still comfortable.

I chose the perfect spot. Let's just say I was the only one on the front line not sprinting to get my towel when the tide came in. I was far enough back not to get wiped out, but close enough to get the ocean spray on my face.

I read books, watched the local seal freak out the boogie boarders, also watched the boogie boarders get churned up in the waves (they were crashing today, the waves that is), listened to my ipod, basically, just relaxed. Gloria Gaynor on the ipod is always a good choice to drown out the shrieking children (and men, that water was bone chilling cold).

Here are some photos from my perfect beach day. They should be captioned "wish you were here"

For you locals, see if you can pick out which beach I was at.




2 comments:

  1. That looks like Crescent to me :) Looks like the perfect spot As a Pisces you are a water child

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh. that was a perfect day. I can smell the air from here....almost.

    ReplyDelete