Monday, March 7, 2011

Office Fairies

Office Fairies are the people in my office; who I rarely see (they are magical like that); who make my life easier while at work.

I started thinking about that this morning when I noticed my paper supply had been magically re-stocked.

I need to look into fairy service at home:

The paper fairy: I would never have to run out at 8:00pm to buy a ream of paper because one of the boys used the last sheet and has a 10 page paper due the next day. Thank you for reloading the printer, paper fairy!

The trash fairy: I would never have to kick the bathroom trash out of the way to get to the toilet OR come home to the smell of stinky kitchen trash. Thank you, trash fairy, for keeping the trash bins emptied (and void of rotting food).

The bathroom fairy: I would never have to look at drips and dribbles (I’m in a house of boys…you get the drift). Thank you, bathroom fairy, for cleaning the toilet and sink 4 times a day (even if it is at the very time I have to go…without fail).

The breakroom fairy (aka the coffee fairy): This is more of a convenience for Gary since I don’t drink coffee, but the fairy does restock the tea so I can see a use for him. Gary would never again have to run out to Starbucks because he ran out of coffee in the early am hours. Thank you, coffee fairy, for supplying us with multiple varieties of teas and coffees...especially the caffeinated ones for Gary :)

The vacuum fairy: I would never have to nag Gary to vacuum the house again (imagine that)! Thank you, vacuum fairy, for sucking up all the paper punches I almost always spill on the rug while emptying the electric hole punch.

The computer fairy: I would never have to worry about fixing my computer, loading software, or killing viruses again! Thank you, computer fairy, for loading all of the most up to date software and never causing me a moment of down time.

I think I need to update the chore charts for my boys...I'm sure these services can be negotiated for the right dollar amount!

2 comments: